Welcome to our latest blog post dedicated 100% to Six Flags Fiesta Texas!
Yesterday all of the Six Flags parks in the country made their official announcements for 2020 upgrades and additions via a silly, but cute video featuring Six Flags CEO Jim Reid-Anderson.
Click here if you'd like to watch the full video.
And Six Flags Fiesta Texas announced their 2020 ride addition: Dare Devil Dive!
In addition to finding out the biggest announcement via the morning video, SFFT also hosted a Diamond and Diamond-Elite member preview last night with a presentation and QA hosted by Park President Jeffrey Siebert.
At the presentation we learned more about Dare Devil Dive, but also more about all of the changes coming to the park in 2020. Here's a list of the biggest news:
1. Front Entrance Plaza Refurbishments! Los Festivales is the front area of the park dedicated to the Hispanic culture that is so prevalent in San Antonio. Refurbs, updated paint jobs, an added refill station, a new store, plus more to this area is a great idea as it is the first thing guests see when entering Fiesta Texas.
2. Boomerang Refurbishments! Boomerang is kind of the focal point of the entrance of Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I like to think of it as our version of Main Street's Castle, or EPCOT's Spaceship Earth. So the fact that it's getting a spruce up is very exciting. :) We did confirm that no new trains are coming to the ride, but we are excited to see the updates!
3. Mobile Ordering! We are so excited about mobile ordering rolling out in the parks soon! As many of us probably know, sometimes we spend more time in line for food or drinks than we do for actual rides. The idea of being able to cut those wait times down significantly and be able to have the convenience of pulling out your phone while waiting for Iron Rattler to order your Chop Six is awesome ;)
4. Kidzopolis Refurbishments! The kid area of the park is getting a full refurb! Although it's been confirmed that the area will not be themed to Looney Tunes or DC, we are sure that the area will be looking great after its updates!
5. Fright Fest Updates! It was announced, with some disappointment, that Fright Fest will go back to charging for haunted houses. There will be much incentive to upgrade your membership to Diamond Elite status if you're a Fright Fest fan, though. Diamond Elite members enjoy free haunts every trip throughout all of Fright Fest. Diamond members will enjoy one free haunt per visit, and then have to pay for additional ones. Some exciting news about Fright Fest, though: We're getting 4 new shows and we will see the return of The Arrival! If you read our Fright Fest review from 2 years ago you'll know how much we (and the rest of the community) LOVED this!
6. CrackAxle Canyon Retheming! The entire Crackaxle Canyon area of the park (home to The Roadrunner Express, Iron Rattler, Train Station, etc) will be getting a makeover and be re-themed to a Steampunk area. Which leads us to our final, well-themed announcement-
7. New Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines Ride! Fitting in with the Steampunk theming of Crackaxle Canyon will be the world's tallest-of-its-kind ride: Dare Devil Dive. This ride looks absolutely insane and 100% something that I will NOT be partaking in. But Parker, you have fun, boo! This ride will be replacing the existing Gun Slinger sling shot ride in Crackaxle Canyon (but fear not Gunslinger fans, you can still ride it in its new home at the Boardwalk). This nearly 5-story ride will send riders upside down through loops, dives, and aerial banks to give them the experience of weightlessness and ultimate thrill! Check out the promo video below!
What do you guys think? Are you looking forward to riding? Let us know what you think in the comments or on social media! We're excited to hear everyone's thoughts!
LAST CALL SUMMER FESTIVAL
As a little bonus, we wanted to highlight the Summer Beer and Food festival currently happening at Fiesta Texas right now! Every weekend from August 24th- September 8th guests can enjoy the Last Call Summer Festival at the park which features a selection of over 100 different beers and a variety of German-themed food stands!
The festival requires you to purchase a passport with 15 credits (plus 3 for dining pass members) that can be used for food and/or drinks at each stand. There are 6 stands total all featuring different foods and drinks! Not a bad selection, and you know we LOVE a food fest!
Best of the Wurst
Spice it Up
We tried the Hot and Spicy Steak Kabobettes and the Korean BBQ Meatballs.
We really enjoyed the Meatballs. They had a great taste and it was a good size for only 2 credits!
Would definitely get these again!
The hot and spicy steak kabobs were not bad, but not great. They needed some kind of dipping sauce on the side,
or some kind of sauce drizzled on top. The special blend of "hot spices" honestly tasted like buffalo sauce,
which was fine, but it just needed more of something.
Definitely our favorite booth of the festival! I mean...come on..mac and cheese!
The fried mac and cheese bites had a great taste, but unfortunately it got a little cold/soggy. The beer batter does not do well sitting for a long period of time. But, the mac and cheese was awesome, so I'd still rank these relatively high!
Hands down the best item of the festival was the Bacon wrapped hot dog topped with mac and cheese...and more bacon. This was AWESOME! And HUGE! Can't believe this thing was only 4 credits (that is not a suggestion to raise the price, Six Flags Gods!) The mac and cheese was really good, and you really can't beat a bacon-wrapped hot dog!
At the Brew Battered booth we tried the Cheese Bites. We ran into the same problem we did with the beer battered fried mac and cheese bites.
The Gouda Mozzarella combo was really tasty, we just wish the batter was hotter and crispier.
Admittedly, we did not try anything from this booth. Not that we don't love shrimp cocktail..but with a limited number of credits in our passport we figured it wasn't something we needed to use them on.
And something about a cocktail sauce marinade on chicken wings just didn't sound appealing to us...
This booth combined the Bavarian Delights options with a bunch of different Brews
The chocolate cheesecake on a stick was awesome! Ok, ok so it does come in a package. So no, it is not made on property. BUT, you know what?? I'm okay with it. I liked it, and I would gladly pay 2 credits for it again!
And that's it! We absolutely love that Fiesta Texas is embracing the food festival culture, because honestly it's one of our favorite things about theme parks, and we 100% plan our theme park trips around their food fest schedules.
Was this our favorite theme park festival? No. But are they trying and do we appreciate it and believe they have the potential to make their festivals amazing? Yes, all day! And we can't wait until that day comes.
Until then, we'll still be there opening day, passports in hand, excited to try something from every booth!
Until next time, foodies!
Parker and Brittany Ruhmel- Lovers of all things food and theme park related!